I like making food. I think it is my main hobby now… after 10 years of violin I’ve moved on to a more lifeskill useful hobby.
This time was spring rolls. Pretty easy, the wrapping part took the longest. I used:
- half pound ground pork
- 3 handfuls of bean sprouts
- 1 shredded carrot
- oyster sauce – to taste (approx 6tbsp for my tastebuds)
- 1 pack of frozen spring roll pastry wrappers (must be the frozen kind) of any size, depending on how big you like ’em 😉 hehe… anyways I chose the biggest one 30cm because it would be easier/less intricate to wrap for fat fingers
- veggie oil
- aluminum foil
- an oven or a frying pan if you’re brave
- 3-5tbs cornstarch
- tiny bit of water
What I do:
- Leave spring roll wrappers on counter to defrost
- Cook in skillet the ground pork. Break it into tiny as frick pieces until your arms ache, aka meat browns. Drain the mofucker outta it.
- Add oystahh sauce, shredded carrot, and beanz and cook with pork until carrots are soft. Mix and coat (with sauce) everything up well as you cook.
- Drain and transfer to a plate to let cool. Wait 15mins or until cold.
- Mix cornstarch and enough water together until cornstarch isn’t clumpy in a bowl. This is the glue to the roll
- Wrappers should be defrosted by now. Carefully take them out or rip.
- Wrapping is pretty self explanatory. Wrap. Use the glue to seal edges.
- Place rolls on rack. “paint” it with veggie oil on both sides.
- Preheat 350celsuis. Bake until outside is golden brown coloured
- you can also deep fry it but i got scared of the popping oil
- Eat with whichever sauce you want; plum, ketchup, chili